AirStash A02 Software Update
The current version of the AirStash A02 software is 2.0.1. To check the version of your AirStash software, connect to your AirStash by following the instructions in the Quick Start Guide, then choose "Settings" and tap the "About" button.
The latest version of the AirStash software is recommended for all customers as it improves the performance and compatibility of your AirStash.
Download AirStash Update (Version 2.0.1)
- 2.0.1: Fixes bugs in the 2.0.1 release, including a bug which can cause WPA2 password changes in DirectLink not to take effect, and issues which can cause the AirStash to shut down when SideLink™ beta is enabled. Please read the release notes for 2.0 for other important information about this release.
2.0: Adds support for WPA2 security in DirectLink mode. Integrates SideLink™ beta functionality. Fixes issues that could cause media to stop streaming to an iOS 6-based client. Fixed issues with USB 3.0 MacBooks
Note: SideLink™ functionality requires AirStash+ 2.0 for iOS, and is not supported on other platforms at this time. WPA2 in DirectLink mode can be set by visiting airstash.net in your smartphone or tablet's browser while connected to AirStash, or through AirStash+ 2.0 for iOS or Android.
For users upgrading from the SideLink beta: Support for the original version of WPA security has been removed. Most wireless routers supporting WPA can also be configured to use the newer WPA2 standard, which is supported by AirStash. WEP 64-bit support has been added.
- 1.2.0: Adds support for viewing the SD card status through the AirStash+ app, including whether the card is inserted, the card format, and how much space is used on the SD card. Supports Bonjour service discovery for instant connection of compatible apps such as GoodReader. Miscellaneous bug fixes.
- 1.1.8: Adds the ability to create directories and delete directories wirelessly. Files created wirelessly now have date and time information set; to ensure that correct date and time is available to your AirStash, run the AirStash+ app once after connecting to your AirStash before using any WebDAV clients.
- 1.1.7: Adds the ability to change the WiFi channel used by the AirStash to resolve interference issues. Instructions on changing the channel are available.
- 1.1.6: Improves the performance and application compatibility of your AirStash. Recommended for all users.
During an update, AirStash must not turn off due to power loss or the update may permanently damage the AirStash unit. To prevent this issue, please make sure AirStash is fully charged and do not disturb the AirStash unit until the update is complete.
- Insert a memory card into your AirStash
- Connect your AirStash to a computer
- Drag the update file onto the AirStash, making sure to put it in the root or main directory and not in a subfolder
- Tell your computer to eject the AirStash (on a Windows computer, go to My Computer, right click on the AirStash drive, choose Eject. On a Mac, find the AirStash drive on your desktop and right click on it, then choose eject). Do not physically remove your AirStash from your computer.
- The update should begin automatically. This will be indicated by the Status Indicator rapidly flashing yellow and green. This process may take 1-2 minutes. Your AirStash will appear on your computer again when the update is complete. If the update process does not begin automatically within 15-20 seconds after you have ejected (step 4), be sure you have ejected the AirStash or done a "safely remove" operation, then disconnect the AirStash from the USB port and plug it in again.
- If the update completed successfully, the file will automatically be deleted from the AirStash.