The current version of the AirStash A01 software is 1.0.3. For more information on the current release, see our support page.
Watch a video demonstration showing how to update your AirStash's firmware.
To update your AirStash you will need your your device's serial number. The serial number is located on a label on the rear of the device. If your label is scratched off or unreadable, please contact AirStash support for the number.
Enter your device's serial number in the boxes below and click the download button. If given the option, select the location on your computer where the file is to be downloaded. Write down or remember that location. If no option is given the file will be downloaded to the default location specified by your browser. (This is often the folder called "Downloads").
Follow these steps to update your AirStash software:
- If your AirStash is turned on, turn off your AirStash by pressing and holding the button until the green light flashes 3 times; then release the button.
- Connect your AirStash with an SD card inserted to your computer's USB port. The SD card must have 1 MB of free space available to store the downloaded update file.
- Make sure your AirStash is fully charged before updating the firmware. The red light will stop pulsing when the unit is fully charged.
- Browse to the location on your computer where the file was downloaded. The file name will look like "air[last 6 digits of serial number].dfu". For example, if your serial number is D0:E4:0B:12:34:56 then the file name will be "air123456.dfu".
- Copy the downloaded file to your AirStash by dragging it to the AirStash icon's window.
- Do not physcially remove your AirStash from your computer until it is ejected or safely removed. In Windows, right click on the drive in the Computer or My Computer window and choose "Eject" from the menu that appears. On a Mac, drag the AirStash disk icon from your dekstop to the Trash.
- Once it has been safely removed or ejected, physically remove the AirStash from your computer's USB port.
- Re-insert AirStash into your computer's USB port.
- The red and green lights on the AirStash will flash on and off in an alternating pattern to indicate that an update is in progress.
- When the update has successfully finished, the lights will stop flashing, the AirStash will appear as a disk on your computer and the update file will be automatically deleted.
- To check the version of your AirStash software from an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, connect to your AirStash by following the instructions in the Quick Start Guide, then choose "Settings" from the icons at the bottom of the screen and tap the "About" button.
If you have any questions about updating your device's firmware, please contact AirStash support.
Note: If you have more than one AirStash, please download and update each AirStash one at a time to prevent confusion between different files. Each file is unique for each AirStash.
If you see both lights flashing in unison, the software update file is not valid for your device. Follow these steps to remove the file, then check the entered serial number:
- Disconnect AirStash from your computer.
- Remove the SD card from your AirStash.
- Connect AirStash to your computer.
- Insert the SD card into your AirStash. It should appear as a disk on your computer.
- Delete the software update file from your card, then check the entered serial number.